Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 12 - Lubbock to Houston

531 Miles

Day 12 Trip Map
Woke the roosters and waited until the sky had a hint of light before pulling out of Lubbock.  No real excitement on the trip, excepting for Garmin's routing between Abilene home.  Whenever I leave home to come to Abilene to visit my friends the Criders Garmin routes me on US Hwy 36 through Hamilton and Comanche.  On this trip coming into Abilene on I-20 it routed me another 70 miles toward DFW and put me on US Hwy 6.  Didn't complain, I like US 6.
 




Some "west Texas" between Lubbock and I-20 near Sweetwater.




Close up






Nice foggy morning.









Arriving in Waco my Garmin showed rain in the calculated route but nothing a little further south.  I turned down I-35 toward Temple then cut across and rejoined US 6 near Hearne.  Pulled into home about 5:00pm.










No comments:

Post a Comment