Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Heading Out Again

Pulling out in the morning, once again, heading in my favorite direction: west.  Tentative plans are to head east through New Mexico and Arizona then north up the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada range in California.  Why?  Because I haven't ridden there and was entranced by some pictures I saw of the old California mining ghost town of Bodie.  Plan to visit some old and dear friends on the way.
The title of the blog represents what I think I'm going to run into on this trip.  Temperatures of 108+ near Death Valley and very low 40s up in the Sierra Nevada near Bodie.  But...you never know, I may change my mind and go anywhere out there.  The below is the tentative trip plan.

(Click on any picture to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. From a quick peek at Bodie, I must ask ... have you added some dual sport tires to Betsy II? ;-)
    We would still like to see you make a trip to the Blue Ridge someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm? You got a point there Amos. I looked on Google Earth and it looked like a paved road going to the state park, Thanks for the heads up, a little research is in order...obviously Betsy doesn't have any dual use tires...and isn't getting any either.

      Delete
    2. Okay...the roads aren't what were expected. As Fagan was so won't to say in 'Oliver,' I'm reviewing the situation. Perhaps there are alternate travel options to Bodie.

      Delete