Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 2 - Abilene, TX to Deming, NM

575 Miles

Day 2 Trip Map
 The usual early morning...on the road by 7:00am.  Route chosen was about 40 miles further than the slab...but light years better.  Practically no traffic for much of the day.

Captured another Texas County Court House in Brownfield, county seat of Terry County.  As these go it's not much but has a nice, clean functional look to it.  Some are very elaborate.
Terry County Court House
Prior to Brownfield, near Snyder, I ran into some large electric farms.




Both sides of the highway looked like this for miles.
Later I found the Haynes factory.





Michael Jordan's underwear factory.















Early stage of production.






Ran into some light rain showers beginning in Hobbs and lasting to just west of Roswell.  No problem as I was properly geared up.  Evidently after I passed through they had significant rains with the TV station here in Deming reporting 2 inches in places and flash floods throughout the area.  I'm toasty in my little hotel in Deming.  I had planned to stop in Alamogordo but exercised my rule about stopping when I was tired.  I was going with the flow so just kept going the extra 130 miles.  Makes up for when I'm tired after only going 250.

Nothing much to report for now...except...how about that Roger Federer?  Man, is he something else!

Tomorrow Arizona and perhaps, California.

An example of one of the elaborate court houses.  This is probably the prettiest court house in Texas.  It's the Ellis County Courthouse in Waxahachie.















No comments:

Post a Comment